Since only one person gave an oral presentation on the scheduled day, everybody else will have to delivered the homework as a written document. Everybody has to chose a different DNA sequencing technology, and explain it.
Send me an email ASAP and tell me what technology will you work on. This way we can act smart and use our time wisely. In particular, once you have chosen a technology, you have to:
- Describe which companies provide sequencing services, in the country or abroad.
- Include the prices of the service, or a good approximation.
- Describe the key elements of the technology
- What preparation do the DNA samples need (concentration, fragmentation, anything special).
- What is the typical high-quality read length
- What is the error rate
- What is the number of reads on each run (i.e. the minimum number of reads you can get)
- The specific biochemical/electronic details of the technology are not essential, but you can include them if you think that helps us to understand it.
I strongly suggest that you deliver your work as a text document (maybe Markdown), but you can also do it in Microsoft Word™.
Atakan Ayden already delivered this homework, so he does not need to do it again. I will share his presentation soon.